Information for Students
Jobkin is a student-driven initiative, and one of our key goals is to help connect you with employers.
Finding A Job
There are lots of sites that can help you find work, in addition to www.jobkin.ca.
- University of Alberta Students’ Union Jobs
Jobs with the Students’ Union. Most jobs are also listed here on jobkin.ca.
- Career and Placement Services, University of Alberta
The University’s career office has lots of information on both career and casual jobs. To access the job listings, however, you will need a U of A student ID.
- NAIT Career Services
NAIT’s career service. Job search features are limited to alumni and students of NAIT.
- MacEwan Job Board
This job search is open to MacEwan students and alumni.
- Government of Canada’s Job Bank
The Federal Government’s job search site.
- Commercial Services
There are lots of commercial job websites you can use, such as monster.ca, dice.com, and working.com, among others.
Getting The Job
Found an interesting job listing? You’re halfway there! Here are some sites to help in preparing yourself.
- From About.com: Finding Your First Job, Job Interview Tips, and more
- Going for a Job – Tips on getting and preparing for an interview.
In the Workplace
- Alberta Employment Standards
Your rights and responsibilities, according to Alberta law. Compensation, vacation, termination, and pretty much every kind of detail about what’s legal or not.
- Workplace Health and Safety
Includes a special section for new and young workers.
- Workplace harassment and discrimination: The Alberta Human Rights, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Act; Alberta information about harassment and sexual harassment; the Canadian Human Rights Act; federal information on harassment and discrimination.